Former President Donald Trump asked a federal judge to force Twitter to temporarily reinstate his account while he sues to permanently return to the social media network.
Trump’s request for a preliminary injunction against Twitter was filed late Friday in Miami, Florida. The Republican, who lost his bid for a second term in office, claims Twitter canceled his account in January under pressure from his political rivals in Congress.
Twitter declined to comment on the filing.
Trump had more than 88 million followers on Twitter. The company kicked him off its platform on Jan. 8, two days after a mob of his supporters carried out a deadly attack on the Capitol to prevent President Joe Biden’s victory from being confirmed by Congress. Trump used Twitter and other social media platforms to falsely and repeatedly claim that the election had been rigged.
Twitter “exercises a degree of power and control over political discourse in this country that is immeasurable, historically unprecedented, and profoundly dangerous to open democratic debate,” the former president’s lawyers said in the filing.
Trump also claims Twitter improperly censored him during his presidency by labeling his tweets as “misleading information” or indicating they violated the company’s rules against “glorifying violence.”
Numerous lawsuits filed by Trump and his supporters seeking to overturn the election result failed across the country due to a lack of evidence of mass voter fraud. Trump’s own attorney general at the time, Bill Barr, and U.S. intelligence agencies agreed with state election officials that any fraud in the election wouldn’t have changed the results.
Trump also accused Twitter of inconsistently applying rules for posts about Covid-19, claiming news organizations had falsely claimed that social-justice protests in 2020 weren’t sources of infection while the attack on the Capitol was.
“This outright inconsistency is in line with a desire by defendant to placate government actors who generally approved of the protests of the summer of 2020” and “generally disapproved of the events of January 6,” Trump said.
Trump didn’t mention those protesting against police abuse often wore masks while almost none were seen among the rioters at the Capitol.
Lincoln Project Scheme To Support Trump In 2024
Lincoln Project’s desire for Trump to run again leaves observers disgusted, surprised: ‘Utterly desperate’
The Lincoln Project is, on the surface, vehemently against Donald Trump ever becoming president of the United States again. The left-wing PAC founded by disgruntled ex-Republicans has called him a coward, a loser, an authoritarian, a clear and present danger to national security, and responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans.
So co-founder Rick Wilson’s expressed desire in a recent interview to see him be the Republican nominee in 2024 has some people befuddled, particularly with polls showing Trump with a solid chance of ousting President Biden in a rematch. Some see it as more of a scam from an organization that’s attracted some praise for its aggressive tactics but also derision from the right and left for allegedly abandoning conservative principles and soaking liberal donors. It’s still smarting from the embarrassing John Weaver sexual harassment scandal and its flop in the Virginia governor’s race where it attempted a viral smear to paint Glenn Youngkin supporters as White supremacists.
“It begs the question, why? What’s their motive? What’s their motivation? And I can understand why a lot of people would say it has to do with money,” one network insider and political commentator told Fox News Digital.
The Lincoln Project boasted to CNN about its ad airing this week in Trump’s town of Palm Beach, Florida, that’s meant to annoy him about the rising political star of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. DeSantis, a Republican, is allied with Trump but could be a potential rival 2024 contender.
“We want Trump to kill his own babies,” Wilson said. “We believe if we narrow the field and it’s only Trump in 2024, it’s an easy choice for Americans to say ‘no.'”
Former Lincoln Project executive director Sarah Lenti, who left the group this year, is disgusted by that stance.
She remains thoroughly opposed to Trump and joined the organization in 2020 because she believed he was dangerous, and she recalled the New York Times op-ed penned by co-founders Weaver, Wilson, Steve Schmidt and George Conway announcing the Lincoln Project’s formation.
“As Americans, we must stem the damage he and his followers are doing to the rule of law, the Constitution and the American character,” they wrote.
AZ AG Mark Brnovich asks reporter about their STD status after COVID vaccine question
Father of Ahmaud Arbery: “ALL lives matter”
Health4 days ago
108 FIFA players & coaches have died in the last 6 months alone
Health2 days ago
Bill Gates has been officially been charged with murder over vaccines in India
Health4 days ago
Ivermectin Ends Covid in Japan
Entertainment3 weeks ago
Something Extremely Dark Happened at Travis Scott’s Deadly “Astroworld” Festival
Politics4 weeks ago
Watch Patriot Purge, Tucker Carlson Documentary
Health4 days ago
Wikipedia Stops Listing Athletes who Died While Playing Soccer as the Number Explodes
Local News4 weeks ago
11/3: AZ Gubernatorial Candidate Kari Lake Leads AZ Election Integrity Rally
Politics4 weeks ago
FBI Spy Video Shows Kyle Rittenhouse Being Chased Down at Kenosha Riot…Which Explains Why You’ve Never Seen It